Call for Submissions
The Columbia Public Policy Review (CPPR) offers analysis and critical insight on today’s most pressing policy challenges; we aim to be an outlet for thoughtful and provocative pieces on current events and contentious issues.
CPPR is always seeking work from students and experts who can distill complex information on policy into insightful and engaging posts. Original posts, as well as previously-written work for Columbia University courses, are welcome.
How to Submit
Please fill out this form or e-mail your submission to email@example.com.
- Annual Print Journal: The theme this year is “The Democracy Issue: …And Justice for All.” We are accepting submissions that touch on the present nature of democracy, justice, or the interaction between the two. These submissions are due no later than Sunday, November 15th at 11:59 PM EST.
- Website Separate from the annual print journal, we publish a range of content styles including interviews with experts, opinion pieces, book reviews, and analytical essays. Website submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Individuals are welcome to submit their work for the print journal, the website, or both.
- Target audience: The style is generally academic and readable by any educated layperson.
- Length: Submissions for the blog will be edited to approximately 500-2000 words in length; print journal pieces generally fall in the same range.
- Citation style: Please cite in the Chicago Manual of Style, with Author Date citations, and link to a reliable source for prominent facts or figures.
All submissions are subject to edits by the CPPR Board. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions or comments.